f

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Monday once again!
Everyone seemed to love the pictures that I posted last week, so I thought I would share another catalogue of Mode Royale patterns. This set is from their 1954/55 Fall/ Winter Catlogue. I hope you enjoy scrolling through the pictures and I also hope that you will be able to glean a few ideas for upcoming projects.
Enjoy!!


 I love the bound buttonhole detail on the pocket above.
 Take a look at the pocket on the dress above. It's almost hidden and yet it's a design detail.

I love the dress on the left above.
 The pockets, the jackets, just wonderful.

Beautiful dresses.












Check out the collar on the blue suit above.

The dress above on the left has a very interesting sleeve detail.
Wishing you all a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I want one of each, these are so great, wish I had the figure for them as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful inspiration. Are you a designer, or have you studied pattern making???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I have very square shoulders, I noticed right away that most of the "models" have the slantiest shoulders I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really didn't. It was the pose of that period of time. I knew a woman who modeled at that time and she said that they worked hard to have that rounded look to their shoulders. Times change!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these! Great idea to use to inspire something new with a vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! What a great idea to look at these and get inspired to make something new with a vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete