f

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

The Modes Royale tour is winding down. Just two more weeks left to go. Hopefully, you've been able to glean a little inspiration from the photos or copy them and create your own collection. Vintage books like these are getting more and more difficult to find. 
Today's collection is the Spring/Summer 1953 catalogue. This is one of my favorites. Take special note of the small line drawings next to some of the dresses. You'll see the jackets that went over the dresses. I'm reminded of a scene in the movie "Rear Window." Grace Kelly walks in wearing a lovely suit. She takes off the jacket and takes your breath away. Underneath the classic jacket is a halter that is absolutely spectacular and totally unexpected. 





I adore the dress on the right above.
And I am in love with both of the above dresses.


Take note of the collar on the right above. Such a lovely detail.
The dress on the right above is one of the dresses I was referring to. Look at the jacket, very tailored and gives no hint of the strapless dress that hides underneath.












The dress in the middle above is wonderful. Talk about making a figure look tiny!!

I may have to copy the dress on the left above. So pretty. It is basically a strapless dress  with that glorious collar that is attached in the front princess line seam. Make it detachable and it would be even better.
I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have!
Have a wonderful week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love seeing polka dots! Remind me, Rhonda, to tell you about the polka dot dress from my junior high school days (now one would say middle school). A very fond memory~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued! Please tell me about your polka dot dress!!

      Delete