f

Friday, May 24, 2013

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday

Let me begin by saying that this is not my usual Free Pattern Friday post. First and foremost, it is not my design, but I feel that it is such a cute item and so, I want everyone to know about it, at least everyone who might happen to pass by this blog. In a way, this is a combination post of Fabulous Free Pattern Friday and The Wednesday Showcase. It has been a while now since I showcased Maria Jose of http://cosircosersewing.blogspot.com/. I have so enjoyed getting to know her through her blog. She is exceptionally creative, so if by chance you are not following her blog, you might want to just so you'll be one of the first to see the things she posts. She does the most wonderful bags, great clothing and the recipes are a delight as well. Although Maria has no idea that I am doing this, this post is a bit of a guest post since it is her idea.
Isn't this just the cutest thing?!!!
And here's mine! This was such a fun project. With all the pillowcase that I am photographing(happily!!)for the Mary Bride project, I needed something for my clothes pins as I was getting tired of lugging around the ugly plastic bag that they came in. I think this is so much better than the ugly plastic bag :)
You can see my clothes pins inside the dress. The little carrot clothes pins were something I purchased while visiting one of our exchange students in Germany. They have been in a drawer for years. When I pulled out this fabric, I immediately thought about them and thought they they would be a nice touch. 
Here is the link to Maria's pattern http://cosircosersewing.blogspot.com/2013/04/antes-muerta-que-sencilla-once.html. The post is in Spanish, but you will not need to translate it as her pictures are so well done that like me you'll be able to copy the pattern without a problem.
I used a lightweight fusible fleece inside my bag to give it a little more body. My lining does not extend to the bottom of the skirt as it would make it difficult to access the clothes pins. I stopped my lining about 2" below the waistline area. One other thing is to make sure that you don't get the hanger area too tight. Mine is a little too snug so I had to open up the seam of one of the sleeves in order to get my hanger in. I then hand sewed the seam back together so it wasn't an issue, but if I ever make another, I will keep in my that I need to have a little more ease around the hanger.
I think these would make the most wonderful gifts. Everyone seems to want to at least have the option to hang their clothes out to dry in the summer and even if you don't, the bag is a lovely item to have in your laundry room. This is an item that can easily be customized for the person to whom it will be given. So much creativity can go into them and once you've done the first, they can be made up in no time at all.
Thank you Maria for such a cute little item!
Enjoy!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Wow that pleasant surprise! As every Friday night I was going to read your blog and seen my m ini dress. Your version is lovely, perfect for hanging clothes outside.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I bet that pattern has many other uses. We don't hang clothes outside here, the really high humidity makes it take for ever to dry anything.

    ReplyDelete