f

Thursday, September 12, 2013

In Honor of Healthy Boys

Mary from Pennsylvania sent in 6 pillowcases. In her package was this lovely card and the pillowcases were tied in this great button ribbon. 
 Here's her note.
So, 6 boy themed pillowcases.
 There are whales,
 dogs (always a favorite of mine!!) with fire hydrants,
 and dump trucks with tools and other heavy machinery.
What boy wouldn't love one of these cases?
Thank you Mary for your generosity and I too am sending wishes that your boys are always healthy and happy.
Now, what about that button ribbon? I'm keeping that!!! Well, sort of, it's going to get used for something rather fun, so stay tuned.
I also have some rather exciting news to share. Last Friday I received a call from Joanne Ross of the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington. We had a lovely conversation. She is going to be doing an article on our project for their September newsletter. I told you that I had exciting news!!! As soon as the newsletter is posted, I will have a link for you.
Also, as you know, we have actually gone beyond the half way mark of 450 pillowcases. Scheduling the big hang has been a bit of a project, but it is going to happen this Saturday. My friend who is a pilot will be flying over around 2 in the afternoon to take the aerial shots and once the pillowcases are hung, I will once again do a video. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my composure and not burst into tears...this time:) I think it is going to be an amazing sight. I will probably post everything on Sunday rather than Saturday as I will have to wait for the aerial photographs.
I have not been posting a link to the pillowcase instructions with each and every post as I was afraid everyone was getting tired of me saying the same thing all the time. But, one sweet follower told me that she thought that I should, so I will. If you would like to participate in the pillowcase drive for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington, here is a link to the simplified instructions that I did, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html
If you would like to read more about this project, here is a link to all of the posts that I have done, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge If you do take a moment to scroll through the posts, you'll see that it has been quite a journey. I'm so blessed to have been a part of all of this.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thats incredible!
    You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those boy-theme pillowcases are just perfect! And that note is so sweet. I feel like you are creating this beautiful community, Rhonda. And I hope that the pillowcases we mailed yesterday arrive in time for the fly-over video! I keep you in my heart and prayers of thanksgiving. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I can use every prayer that anyone is willing to pray. Thank you!!!!
      If I don't get your pillowcases in for this aerial shot, they will be in the big 900 aerial photo. It's funny, I think that my pilot friend is more excited, if that's possible, than I am about the flyovers.

      Delete
  3. Do not be afraid to bore you, dear Rhonda! These messages are very rewarding and dear to us, I'm sure that every time you post here that the number of cases has grown up, us are so excited like you.

    ReplyDelete