f

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday and Sew News

I've been so caught up with the current sew along for the Emily Bag that I completely forgot about the other article that I have in the current issue of Sew News. Actually, the sew along caught me a little off guard as it came so quickly on the heels of the Clover pant sew along. 
Here's a glimpse of the article. You may remember that it's from this Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post. 
The jacket didn't quite make it into the magazine as I had envisioned it. Here's the outfit that I sent in. Please don't get me wrong, I am very pleased and excited to have it in the magazine, I just like my version better :) I had just enough of the faux fur to make a little skirt.
 The back.
The jacket is reversible. I have enough of the plaid to make a pair of pants to wear with the jacket. I think the pants will look great with it as well.
 The back.
I have a feeling that I am going to get a LOT of wear out of the skirt and top I really like the way the 2 work together. I'm planning to wear black tights with the skirt. Or maybe brown would be better??? 
I'll post pictures of me in the outfit for an upcoming Me Made Monday post. 

Now, a little good news about the top. I have finally found a company to size my pattern and digitize it. I am so very happy. Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly. My plan is to finally release my first real pattern in January. 
If you would like to read the article, you can get a copy of the current issue at your local bookstore, Joann's Fabrics(here in America), or you can order one directly from Sew News. And there's one last option...one of the winners of the magazine has not responded, so if you would like the extra copy of the magazine that I have, just leave a comment here and I will announce the winner on Friday, October 17, 2014.    
One last note. Since I am leaving tomorrow for a little vacation, I have decided to postpone the pants post until I return. I won't be gone long, just until Sunday. I think my dogs and my husband would miss me too much if I'm away any longer!!! Notice the order, dogs then husband ;) So sorry for all of the delay, but I think that once we get started, you will really enjoy the posts.
I'll be back a little later with my late Me Made Monday post.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

27 comments:

  1. I don't need the magazine but you can certainly send the top my way. I think it is way to small but I'll stop eating. It's really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy :) Hopefully the pattern gods will be on my side and the pattern will be ready soon. Then you can make one of your own!

      Delete
    2. Please enter me in the extra copy drawing. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Your own pattern! Enjoy your vacation and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda,
    Fabulous news about the beautiful top pattern being made available soon................its beautiful and so unusual. Cannot wait to hear about the release. Will it be easy for those of us in the U.K. to order this??
    Love seeing you in my inbox!!
    Thank you for all the time and dedication you put into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the patterns printed, so I will be able to ship a paper pattern anywhere :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you will be able to sell your pattern soon. It's lovely! I'd love to win a copy of the magazine, and have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thanks for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow! Did I say wow! I'm LOVING this outfit. Both of the coordinating prints. And the TOP!!! OMG!!! Wowza! Please toss my name into the hat for the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to win a copy of the magazine :) and I look forward to making one of your cool tops! Thanks for all of the time and good energy that you put into your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many things working out for you, how exciting, congratulations all around. Please include me in the drawing, I hope you will sign the copy. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you win, it will be an honor to sign it for you :)

      Delete
  9. I will be sure to buy one of your patterns when available! Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda! I just saw your comment on my blog, thanks! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meet up! Big old grumpy face!!!! I hope you have a great turn out and a lot of fun though. Maybe we can catch up next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you won't be able to make it, but there will be a next time :)

      Delete
  11. I would sure love to win on this second go-round! Please put my name in the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And seriously, that top! I'll be first in line to purchase it when it's available!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top is stunning and I will bet the farm you sell a ton of these. I will surely be one of your buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for making this a printed pattern. Others may like PDFs but I am not a fan of taping. Greatly appreciated, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in for the extra copy drawing! Thank you for all the wonderful things you do and enjoy your trip! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Put my name back in for the Sew News, please! Can't wait for your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow .. Nice to see that one in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I join in your lovely giveaway from the UK Rhonda please?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd like to win too, but not sure if it was only for US residents. Love that top too. Very now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to read this issue.
    Cool top.

    ReplyDelete