f

Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Morning Inspiration/Dior/The Secret World of Haute Couture

Well, spring is finally beginning to spring here in Chicago. It makes my heart sing!! I'm even able to sleep with a window open. The only downside of the window being open is that there is a bird that begins singing at 3:30 in the morning!!! Can't he wait until the sun comes up??? Oh well, at least I have ear plugs :)
I had intended to do a post on active wear this morning, but I came across the videos that I have posted and I was mesmerized, so I changed my mind. I'll tell you a little more about the second video a little further down. The first video is on the making of a Dior haute couture gown. Absolutely amazing. The video is short, only a little over 4 minutes and trust me, you will truly enjoy it. The video showcases the process behind these dresses. They are not at all what you think you see. If you have not seen the video, I don't want to spoil it for you, so watch and find out how these pieces were constructed.






Now for the second video. This is one that you will probably need to bookmark and come back to as it is long, 45 minutes in fact, but well worth seeing. In the Secret World of Haute Couture, you will meet ladies who wear and love haute couture. It's really quite fascinating. It's all about living a life of elegance.
 
Hope you can treat yourself to a little elegance this week. Maybe it's a long, long soak in a bath, or a manicure, but something that will make you feel pampered and special.
Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. So, in order to make a Dior dress one should cut the bands, dye them, stitch then on the fabric, make these small plisse pleats, and finally sew the dress :) Amazing video, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of work that went into these pieces is absolutely amazing. So happy that you enjoyed the video :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't watch the 2nd video yet, but the first was wonderful! such beautiful dresses and to see the construction and detail that went into the creation of those dresses was fabulous! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need to set aside a little time for the second video, but it is well worth seeing. Glad you enjoyed the first one :)

      Delete
  3. As I am at work atm I haven't been able to see the videos yet, but the skirts on those dresses are wonderful! I have a dream of one day (year, more likely...) make a gazillion-hour dress. Maybe some all over beading, or something like these dresses with miles of trim. Something to be truly proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pieces I have spent tons and tons of time on are by far my favorite. I attended a benfit last Friday evening and I wore the ribbon skirt that I wove. A perfect stranger came up to me and said, " I just had to tell you that you are by far the best dressed lady here." Made me feel so very good :)

      Delete
  4. Many thanks for the videos. I like it very much.
    A big dream of mine would be to be able to be in the manufacture of Haute-Coutur-Modell. But it ist only a dream.
    LG Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing videos...especially the 2nd one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a long video, but I just had to include it. We all I've the idea of wearing true haute couture, so I thought it would be fun to take a sneak peek inside that world :) Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  6. Simply awe-inspiring! And what I wouldn't give for that kind of pleat-making tool--wow! Thank you for sharing. That BBC video is something I'll have to make time for one of these evenings, because it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really enjoy it. I can have the attention span of a gnat at times ;), so for something to hold my attention, well it must be fairly interesting.

      Delete
  7. i want to work in that atelier!!!!
    thanks for sharing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the pressure of the job might be quite intense, but I would love to at least observe for a month or so :)

      Delete